Ask a Librarian
CALL 936-294-1614 or
Legal Citation Resources
Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
This guide from the Cornell Law School explains unique aspects of citing legal materials, includes examples, and is based on The Bluebook and the ALWD Citation Manual.
This guide from LegalCitation.net discusses the citation of legal materials, including cases, constitutions, statutory code, local ordinances, rules of court, and much more.
The Blue Book
This citation guide from the Harvard Law Review Association is available at the Reference Desk in the Library. Many well-known style guides such as MLA and APA defer to the Blue Book for citing legal materials.
Legal Writing Guidance
- Academic Legal Writing : Law Review Articles, Student Notes, Seminar Papers, and Getting on Law Review by Eugene Volokh. KF250 .V6 2007
- Legal Writing by Design : A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos by Teresa J. Reid Rambo & Leanne J. Pflaum. KF250 .R35 2000
- Legal Writing : How to Write Legal Briefs, Memos, and Other Legal Documents in a Clear and Concise Style by Amanda Martinsek. REF KF250 .M372 2009
- Legal Writing in a Nutshell by Lynn Bahrych. REF KF250 .S68 2009
- Mastering Legal Analysis and Drafting by George W. Kuney & Donna C. Looper. KF250 .K86 2009
- Objective Legal Writing and Analysis by Michael D. Murray & Christy Hallam DeSanctis. KF250 .M87 2006a
- Pocket Guide to Legal Writing by William H. Putman. KF250 .P873 2006
- Writing a Legal Memo by John Bronsteen. KF250 .B766 2006